University Communication and Marketing

MSC04 2545
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131

Phone: (505) 277-5813

Dedicated Teamwork

March 31, 2014 - Production Team

Lobo Louie Bobble Head on Sandia Crest

Sean Trauth - Sound Director: This past month has been unbelievable...every single team member continues to inspire me. We’ve filmed a lot of pick-up material for three videos and finished filming for “We Are UNM.” We’ve filmed the sunrise, snowboarding, community building murals, UNM testimonials, and in every circumstance I was blown away by what these people had to say. I even started crying at one individual’s response to what UNM means to them. Can’t wait to continue working, and adding in music.

Marshall in front of a green screen

Bianca Martinez - Multimedia Journalist: March has been an incredible month! When we’re not filming, we are planning for what’s next. When we’re not planning, we’re meeting up as a group to schedule more interviews. My favorite thing so far is that every time we meet, we’re doing something different. One day we’re filming sunrises, and the next we’re in the engineering building interviewing a student. I love it! We’ve finished “We Are UNM” and it gives me chills every time I see it. This group is so talented and I’m very happy that I get to work with each of them. What’s even better than making these videos is that we’ve all become friends and we’re all supportive of each other!

Eric Barreras - Editor: With each new week and each new month, I still can’t believe I am able to work with a dedicated team quite like this one. From interviews and out of town trips, to get the best possible footage, it really has been one thing after another. As the editor, I help bring all of our hard work together by placing them into a single story. It has been challenging and with more than one all-nighter but the experience has been a rich and rewarding experience. With the completion of the rough cut of our first video, it has been a hugely rewarding experience to see all of our hard work starting to take form. I am more inspired than ever to put my best effort forward!

Marshall with camera on Sandia Crest

Emily Garrity - Creative Director: With March behind us now, it is amazing to look back at everything that we have been able to accomplish in just one short month. Our team has molded into one solidified unit of productivity and progression. I couldn’t have asked for a better group of people to work with. With all of us coming in with different passions and skills, I know that I have learned so much from this wonderful group of people. We have been able to accomplish a large majority of the filming in the past month. As each week goes by, our videos along with our team becomes better and stronger. I cannot wait to see what else is in store for the upcoming weeks. 

Marshall Broyles - Videographer: This team rocks! I am constantly impressed with the commitment of the members of this group. I have confidence that what we are producing is quality work. This month has been crammed with filming events. I’ve had to step up my communication and organization skills because we are all have such busy schedules we are always talking to each other. I have gained experience setting up and getting the shots I need efficiently. This project has become more than schoolwork now, it’s something I am personally committed to and am proud of the work we are making.

Recent Posts

2014 Video Premiere
May 5, 2014

Worthwhile Work
April 30, 2014

Dedicated Teamwork
March 31, 2014

Getting Started
February 28, 2014

Congratulations
May 10, 2013

The Lobo Experience
May 1, 2013

Almost There
April 25, 2013

Filming the Wolf
March 6, 2013

The Pitch
February 20, 2013

2013 Creative Concept
January 30, 2013

2013 Interns Selected
January 7, 2013

Open for Interpretation
April 13, 2012

A Smooth Rough Cut
April 6, 2012

The Filming Finale
March 30, 2012

Finalizing the Concept
March 2, 2012

The 2012 Spot
February 24, 2012

2012 Interns Selected
January 17, 2012

Filming Part II
April 4, 2011

Filming Part I
March 28, 2011

Pre-Filming Update
March 21, 2011

Conception to Creation
March 7, 2011